Welcome to my blog!

Meet the Artist/Author

Natural born artist, love to create, mainly through art and writing.

Looking for something?

Subscribe to this blog!

Receive the latest posts by email. Just enter your email below if you want to subscribe!

f

Translate Heartbeats

Search Heartbeats

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Colour-My-World

Greetings everyone, from Artsieladie!

Having been involved, hands on, with rescuing pets/animals for many years, to see innocent animals suffer due to human abuse, neglect, and ignorance, is heart wrenching to say the least. This poem is meant to bring attention to the awful plight of innocent animals who are abused, neglected, abandoned, etc. through NO fault of theirs whatsoever. It's written from an animal's perspective, who's in a homeless, abandoned situation. I cried as I wrote it and I cry every time I read it, but I think anyone who has a heart at all will find themselves touched and will feel the sadness and hopelessness portrayed abandoned, neglected, and abused animals feel. Yes, "feel", because animals have feelings too. 

God bless all the wonderful, caring, compassionate people who give of their time, effort, money, and heart, rescuing and saving animals who wouldn't otherwise have a chance to know what being Loved truly means. 
"Colour My World"

Poetry/art by Artsieladie

Full Size PNG:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LvxVEiDWN8s/WQJYpgyBi5I/AAAAAAAAF18/zS_fa47O-ic6Lkr4O0om4KAScxd5C0KhACKgB/s1224/CustomPerspicacityByArtsieladie2017-04-27_4.08x2.64in_300res.png

My world is cold and dark and grey.
The sun never shines to be happy and play.
The dark clouds hanging, always loom overhead,
Day after day, I ache with such dread.

No one to love me, not even care,
If I'm hungry or cold or lost somewhere.
I long for a petting, a gentle touch,
From someone that loves me; I long so much.

Each day I look for a rainbow to cross my sky,
A promise of someone that I'll catch their eye.
But as each day closes, hope fades, becoming slimmer,
Darker than night and its shadows, much dimmer.

But in my dreams as sleep overtakes,
I'm off to a land of no tears or heartaches.
In this "World of
Colour" is a rainbow glowing;
The sun always shines, not a cloud showing.

My heart is warmed with plenty of hugs.
I'm not even itchy from the biting bugs!
My bowl is full, garnished with treats;
My water is fresh, not from the streets.

My belly's not hurting from sickness or hunger.
There's someone to hold me when I'm scared of thunder.
A voice so kind of someone I hear,
Pleasant and cheerful, I harbour no fear.

A ball is thrown, a twig, a stick,
For me to fetch and return, reward with a lick.
My tail is wagging, overcome with joy;
Kisses by the dozens, I gladly deploy.

So much love, there's nothing I miss In this "World of
Colour" this heavenly bliss!
But.. then I awake in the first grey of morn,
And sadly.. I've returned to the land of forlorn.

"Colour My World, oh, won’t you please?
How can I, your heart, unfreeze?
Loyal and true, your friend I’ll be,
If in your heart, you can find Love for me."

"Colour Our World"
Remove the clouds from our darkened sky,
The greyness, the bleak, so overcast;
With a rainbow of colour, we can say goodbye,
And welcome the sunshine in our world at last!

A warm place to sleep, safe and secure;
Some chow in my bowl, fresh water for sure;
Are the basics needed to transform my world,
From bleak and hopeless, add colour unfurled.
For a nice home in which I can live,
Love and loyalty and kisses I'll give.
If you'll paint a rainbow across my sky,
I'll love in return till the day I die.
Will you...

"Colour My World?"

Art/Poem by Artsieladie /Artsieladie Sharon Donnelly 
©2010-07-15 19:16:26 (EST)
All rights reserved.
To see more posts, check out the Sitemap.

Website: www.artsieladie.com
Blog: http://artsieladie-creative-corner.blogspot.com/
Blog (here): http://artsieladie-heartbeats.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-quotes.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-rhymetyme.blogspot.com/ 
 
Additional Credits:
Original Basset Hound photo
Author: Eda
Url: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Basset-hound_portrait.jpg

"We must feel the pain of others, so we can understand,
Have empathy and compassion, instead of reprimand
."
~ Quotes by Artsieladie
Art by Artsieladie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome. ♥